Lux Custom Lampshades Ordering Guide
Choose Your Shape
Choose Your Material
We have compiled a selection of unique materials - stocked and available for custom shades. We also sell materials by the yard. You will find samples of all available materials in our swatch deck. Please email us for a quote.
Select a Material
Linen Lambs Ear
Paper Silver Sage
Choose Softback Or Hardback
Choose Your Size
*We recommend at least a 1-2” difference between top and bottom diameters to give the best illusion of proportioned drum shape.
Sizing Rules of Thumb
Shade height should be 3/4 the height of the base.
Bottom of shade should be wider than the widest part of the base.
Shade width should be approximately equal height from bottom of base to socket
Leave 2-3 inches of space between bulb and shade
Be sure that the top opening is wide enough to ventilate the heat.
Consider the use for the lampshade. Reading lampshades should have a wider base to provide more light.
Note that lampshades that are too narrow may melt or even catch fire. Learn more
Make sure the light bulb has adequate space and ventilation.
Most lampshades can be calculated from the top diameter by bottom diameter by slant dimension.
Incandescent bulbs look the best but especially need space.
Allow 1 to 2 inches around the bulb for 40 or 60 watt bulbs, 2 to 3 inches for 75 or 100 watt bulbs, and 3 to 4 inches for a higher wattage bulb.
Compact fluorescent bulbs run cooler, so the lamp shade can be closer.
However, this kind of light bulb is generally somewhat larger than incandescent bulbs, so make sure you take that into account.
Terms And Conditions
CUSTOM SHADES ORDER PROCESSING/SHIPPING
• No order will be processed without written confirmation. All orders are to be submitted on the Lux Custom Order Form.
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is charged on all custom orders.
• A $10 fee will be charged on all orders under $100.
• There is a minimum order of 2 on painted shades, and they only come in our stock color offerings.
• All orders will be shipped via FedEx Ground.
• Once an order is in production, cancellations will not be permitted.
• Changes to orders already in production will increase the lead time.
CUSTOM ORDERS RETURNS/EXCHANGES
If a customer isn’t satisfied with his/her completed order and the order DOES NOT adhere to the signed Lux Custom Lampshades Order Form, Lux is fully responsible for reprocessing the order at no additional charge. If a customer is not satisfied with his/her completed order, but the order DOES adhere to the signed Lux Custom Order Form, the customer assumes all financial responsibility.
PAIN FREE RETURNS/EXCHANGES
We want you to be happy and tell others about us. If you are not satisfied with your purchase we will take it back. Please follow the simple steps outlined below.
1. Email info@luxlampshades for a return slip form. Complete form and fax to 704-376-6213 or email.
2. We will email you a prepaid shipping label from FedEx. Print out and attach to the box.
3. Include the return slip in the original package with the return item(s).
4. Call 1-800-GoFEDEX to schedule a pick up or drop off at any FedEx/Kinkos.
*Return shipping is free if exchanging for Lux credit or another shade. Unless shade is damaged or being returned for quality issues, you’ll be charged for return freight. If you don’t want to replace the item and prefer a refund in original form of payment, return shipping costs will be deducted.
Credit is applied once items are received back in our warehouse. Stock Collection items may be returned or exchanged for any reason within 21 days for a full refund, provided the item is returned properly and not unwrapped or damaged in any way. After 21 days, there are no refunds. We cannot refund or take back any custom orders.
• We stand behind our products and want you to be a repeat customer. If defective items are due to poor craftsmanship we will replace immediately, free of charge.
• If your order is damaged in transit, please do NOT refuse delivery. Our shades are packaged well and can survive a surprising amount of carton damage. Upon inspection, if goods are damaged please follow steps outlined above and write DAMAGED on return slip. Please email a picture of the damaged shade/box so we can track the return, file the proper claim paperwork, send you a replacement right away, and keep you as a valued customer.
• Please keep any packaging in case a claim has to be filed.
• Slight imperfections in our fabrics and materials may occur and are not to be construed as damages.
• Although finishes and dye lots may vary slightly, inconsistencies are rarely a problem.
Unless otherwise notified, we will ship all backorders when goods become available. Partial shipments will be invoiced separately.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only qualified and approved wholesale accounts will have NET 30 terms. All other orders will be charged when items are shipped. If paying by check, payment is due in advance of any shipment.